Ethical Guidelines for the Editorial Board
- The journal Russia and the Pacific publishes only original and new works covering all aspects of history and contemporaneity of the Asia-Pacific Region, theoretical and methodological articles, reviews on significant monographs.
- The journal publishes manuscripts free of charge, the royalties are not paid to the authors.
- All manuscripts undergo a double-blind peer review. The names of reviewers and authors are not announced. More information about manuscript process from submission to publication can be found here (russian).
- Ethical standards of manuscripts’ reviews are examined by the editorial board before they are sent to authors. Ethical guidelines for reviewers are available here.
- The editorial board takes into consideration scientific value and the quality of content of manuscripts. All other factors – nationality, gender, religion, political preferences, work affiliation do not influence the final decision on acceptance or rejection of the manuscript.
- The editorial board takes strong measures on quality control of manuscripts and personal data security of authors and reviewers.
- The editorial board informs the author about acceptance or rejection of the manuscript for publication. The authors of accepted manuscripts will be notified about the approximate publication date.
- The editorial board accepts and publishes extended reviews on already published papers as well as authors’ answers on critical comments.
- The author can submit the manuscript for publication only once a year.
Ethical Guidelines for Authors
- The manuscript’s originality should be not less than 80%.
- Authors should follow all formal requirements of manuscript formatting during their first submission.
- Authors should provide an accurate affiliation and organization where the research is conducted as well as the source of research funding.
- The editorial board asks authors to pay attention to importance of ethical standards: manuscripts containing data falsification, plagiarism, inappropriate borrowings will not be published in the journal. Earlier published manuscripts will be also rejected.
- The editorial board can address authors in case of doubt about authorship and falsification of research results. Authors should be ready to provide comprehensive arguments. The editorial board can directly contact the author’s organization in order to carry out investigation.
- All coauthors should be informed about manuscript submission. The editor-in-chief can contact coauthors for confirmation of their agreement for manuscript publication.
- In case of data falsification or misappropriation of research results, the editorial board rejects the manuscript and stops collaboration with the author.
- In case of data falsification or misappropriation of research results in the published manuscript, the editorial board informs the readers in the journal as well as on the official site and stops further collaboration with the author. The article will also be removed from the electronic version of the journal.
- The author’s disagreement with the reviewer should be substantiated with strong arguments. The author’s refusal to accept the reviewer’s comments may result in rejection of the manuscript.
Ethical Guidelines for Reviewers
- All manuscripts undergo a peer review. The decision on manuscript acceptance or rejection is made by the editorial board together with the editor-in-chief according to reviewers’ recommendations.
- The reviewer evaluates the manuscript taking into consideration scientific value and ethical character of the research.
- If any inappropriate borrowings or any ethical misconduct are revealed, the reviewer should inform the editorial board.
- The reviewer’s comments should be argumentative and focus on the improvement of the manuscript.
- If the author is recommended to cite the reviewer’s works in the manuscript, the editorial board provides collective evaluation of such recommendation.
- If the author doubts about the reviewer and his ethical behavior, it is necessary to contact the editorial department and to send an e-mail which can be found in Contacts. However, the editorial board doesn’t announce the names of reviewers and authors.